As part of the online server we had the option to create an installed wordpress blog. I added mine on the server and then was able to log in as an admin at (www.jonnybark.co.uk/wp-admin)
Researching other websites, I wanted to make mine as simple as possible to operate, with a white background so its not too distracting. I also watched a fixed sidebar and a main body that moves. From the websites that I’ve researched and shown in other blog posts that use that, it make it look more professional.
I first installed a theme called ‘Waterlilly’, it seemed good for photography because it had image icons as the main content. It resembled my website quite well too. I added my own title to it.
Next, I uploaded new pages to form more of a sidebar. A much easier function that on dreamweaver, simply go on pages, new page, and then the page appears as a post, and you edit what you put on it accordingly.
Once I had the pages, I decided to add a plug-in called ‘NextGEN galley. It was an easy to use plug-in that you simply have to install, upload images, tag it to a page, and then create the animation. I thought a slideshow would look professional, and it also controls the sequence of the images for the audience. I also installed google analyitics, so I could see who was searching for my website.
After the galleries were sorted, I decided to go into the code edit on the appearance section. There wasn’t much that I needed to edit because I was happy with the design. However, I did edit the font because the other one didn’t go with my work at all. I searched for ‘Font-family’ and edited it to ‘arial’. I changed a couple of margins as well, but nothing major, I was already happy with how it was looking. I even created a page that would return to my website as well as other social media sites.
Once all that was sorted, I embedded my video for rest within another page. I pasted the link in the html code section and the video appeared on the page. I then added descriptions for each of my work, rest and play pieces. After that the blog and the website was complete, I just put a link from the index page on my website to the blog, and vice versa, and it works!